Some Anti-depressant "side" effects:
Some Anti-psychotic "side" effects:
Fatal Blood Clots
Some Psycho-stimulant "side" effects:
I, Jennifer...... have been on 6 of these listed medications - (In addition to anti-anxiety & insomnia drugs). I am living proof and will attest to the fact that these EFFECTS (not "side" effects) - ARE REAL. And withdrawal from coming off of these drugs is often worse than the condition itself or the effects of being on the drug. Believe me... I know. If you haven't read "my story" yet, I invite you to consider doing so.
* In 2008 the CDC reported that 9 out of 10 adults reported using at least one prescription drug in that previous month.
* As of 2011... 1 out of 4 CHILDREN in the U.S. are taking prescription drugs regularly.
* Over 75% of all doctor, & hospital visits involve giving a drug.
* In the United States - spending for prescription drugs was $234.1 billion which doubled in just 9 years! (From 1999 to 2008!)
* Anti-depressant drug use has DOUBLED in just 10 years.
* 1 in 5 adults are now using psychiatric drugs
* The United States makes up only 4.6 percent of the world's population, but consumes 99 percent of the world's hydrocodone (prescription pain killer)
* In 2011 Vicodin and other narcotic pain relievers killed more people than car accidents in 17 states according to the CDC director.
* According to data from the CDC in 2011 - 37,485 people died from prescription drugs -vs- 36,284 from traffic accidents!
* Prescription drug fatalities more than doubled among teens and young adults between 2000 and 2008, and more than tripled among people aged 50 to 69.
* According to U.S. government statistics, you are 6,200% more likely to be killed by prescription drugs than by a gun
There ARE alternatives. There ARE ways of healing from these issues without the use of drugs. What drug may cover up symptoms short term (and seemingly may not have immediate effects) will have long term effects on you - AND WILL have affects on your babies or grand-babies that may be born after taking these drugs.
I have not yet talked to one - single - person (and there are MANY) who has not had negative effects at some point from taking psychiatric drugs. I can also tell you that the effects listed above are not a complete list of effects. There are more listed on the MSDS sheets for each of these & other drugs. I know they exist, because I have read them - and I have lived them.
We often get scared when a physical disease or "condition" manifests. Many people opt for modern medical drugs & treatment. Many other people opt for natural healing & treatment. We all do what we feel is best for our own self. But when it comes to these psychiatric drugs, I BEG YOU to do your research. Whether adult or small child... please exhaust every direction you could possibly go & every road you could possibly take to heal from any mental/emotional conditions before taking these drugs.
There are many places to go for researching these medications. One of my favorite resources is Citizens Commission On Human Rights International here: (CCHRI)
While I'm not a doctor, I won't tell you to take yourself off of medication on your own. Talk to your own doctor or medical professional. I had the help of a Naturopathic Physician & a couple of wonderful energy workers who used Acupuncture, Craniosacral Therapy, RET, EFT, Homeopathy, Herbal Healing, Essential Oils, etc... There are resources everywhere. If I can do it... YOU can do it!