The definition of FEAR is this:
1. An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real
The definition of EGO is this:
- A person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
- The part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious - and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.
EGO = Edging God Out
The definition of HOPE is this:
1. A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
HOPE = Holding On to Positive Expectation
The definition of HUMILITY is this:
1. A quality by which a person considering his own defects has a humble opinion of himself and willingly submits himself to God and to others for God's sake. From the Latin word humilitas, it may be translated as "humble", "grounded", or "low" - since it derives from 'humus' (earth).
An excerpt from women's conference at BYU tells us:
"Humility is willingness to submit to the will of
the Lord and to give the Lord the honor for what is
accomplished. It includes gratitude for His blessings
and acknowledgment of your constant need for His
divine help. Humility is not a sign of weakness; it is
a sign of spiritual strength. When you humbly trust
Him and acknowledge His power and mercy, you
can have the assurance that His commandments are
for your good. You are confident that you can do
whatever the Lord requires of you if you rely on
Him. You are also willing to trust His chosen
servants and follow their counsel. Humility will help
you as you strive to be obedient, to work hard, and
To let go of fear & have hope, we must become humble. I believe we must realize and become one with our true self, our whole being, our divinity. We must kill our ego. Let God in. "Lower" ourselves (lowly in heart) - Humble ourselves to the point of submitting to God's will in ALL things, acknowledging that all that we are... and all that we have... is because of Him.
Because of Him, we can remember our wholeness & live a complete and whole life through pure joy and happiness. (His purpose and intention for us here on earth) - We are literally made in His image. Physically, spiritually, & emotionally. We only need to let go of our own purposes and submerse ourselves in His. If we allow this to take place, there IS NO NEED TO FEAR. God has all power over the evil one who works to move his way into our lives through fear and false perceptions... the one who has the power to bruise our heal. But remember that with God, we have the power to crush his head. We will come to realize & eventually know - without a doubt - that Heavenly Father is in control. He sees what we do not see. He knows what we do not know. Through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can overcome and be at peace.