Please please please visit their website & read parts 1-4 on this issue. I can almost guarantee, it IS affecting you and your family members to some degree...
Approximately 90% of the human population suffers from candida!!!
Below is a shortened down version of Birtholigie's list of the CAUSES of candida, and then the SYMPTOMS/STAGES. The website goes into much more depth & shows you how to overcome it & get your life back! Through nutrition (following the Word of Wisdom for REAL) - and herbs & essential oils, it really works!
2 other great websites with more info:
http://www.myyeasttreatment.com/ (scroll down on her main page for the blog link, recipes, & more...)
(This above website outlines the 'at home' self test you can do to find out if you have candida. The photo at the top of the post is a graphic of how your test results may or may not look)
And while you're at it... Do some research on the related subject of LEAKY GUT SYNDROME. You'll be surprised at what you find.
- Refined flours/high starch/carbohydrate foods
- Alcohol, recreational drugs, many prescribed drugs
- Use of corticosteroid and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs.)
- Stress (depresses or even shuts down the Immune System.)
- infant formula use
- Exposure to heavy metals (via tooth fillings, vaccines, and food, tap water)
- Exposure to artificial coloring, flavorings, and sweeteners
- Insufficient vitamin D (D-3 in particular, not enough direct sunlight exposure)
- Eating animal products contaminated with antibiotics or growth hormones - i.e. any meat or dairy that is NOT organic
- Insufficient sleep
- Excessive traveling
- Pesticide / Herbicide consumption (we breath & soak it in almost every day, especially in summer)
In the First Stage of Candida, the mucous membrane areas of the body may be infected. These include the mouth, vagina, nose, and Respiratory System.
Symptoms of First Stage Candida
- Infant Colic, childhood rages, adult unexplained unprovoked anger
- Cradle Cap, dandruff, greasy hair
- vaginal yeast infections
- severe P.M.S.
- urinary tract infections
- body rashes (including diaper rash
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- oral thrush
- allergies to foods, dust, molds, fungus, yeast, inhalants, and chemicals
- Repeated bouts of bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, and strep or staph infections
- Gas (infant or adult)
- Unexplained tooth decay
- Bad breath and body odor
- Mastitis/core, cracked, and bleeding nipples during breastfeeding
- Bladder weakness
- Spotty skin discoloration (white or brown) also know as liver or sun spots
- Cravings for alcohol
- Cravings for sugar
- Rectal itching
- Persistent cough
The Second Stage of Candida may involve more generalized and chronic reactions.
Symptoms of Second Stage Candida:
- Unexplained weight gain or inability to keep weight on
- Ear infections, unexplained ear discharge, tinitis (ringing of the ears)
- Chronic pain
- headaches (including Migraine)
- Extreme fatigue
- Nail infections
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
- Infant or adult reflux
- Casein or gluten intolerance/celiac
- Jock itch
- Bladder infections/UTI
The Third Stage of Candida may involve MENTAL and BEHAVIORAL RESPONSES:
Symptoms of Third Stage Candida:
- Inability to concentrate
- not being able to read or follow a television program or carry on a hobby
- serious forgetfulness
- memory loss
- mental confusion
- not being able to think of the words to say something
- switching around of words and letters when trying to speak and/or write
- loss of previous skills (such as how-to-type or how-to-play-the-piano, etc.)
- Irrational thoughts
- Unusual fears
- Panic/anxiety attacks
- Muscle twitching
- Aggressive behavior
- Epileptic seizures
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Crohn’s disease
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
A person in the Fourth Stage of Candida (also known as systemic yeast) may experience a virtual SHUTDOWN OF VARIOUS ORGAN SYSTEMS of the body.
Symptoms of Fourth Stage Candida:
- adrenal gland failure
- Endocrine System failure
- Severe vomiting
- severe constipation
- Total muscle weakness
- The Circulatory System may be swamped with so much yeast that the capillaries are clogged, causing HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, NUMBNESS OF EXTREMITIES, and EASY BRUISING.
- The person may run a low-grade fever, but the hands and feet will often be very cold.
- tachycardia (palpitations, irregular beats, mitral valve problems or heart murmur).
- In the Respiratory System, the alveoli (air sacs) of the lungs may be packed with yeast so that the person cannot get adequate breath aka asthma.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- The complete failure of the Immune System leaves the body defenseless against all enemy bacteria, viruses, and disease conditions–including cancer.