* 1 cup dehydrated corn (add more, if using fresh corn)
* 4 cups boiling water
* 1 teaspoon un-refined sweetener (honey, coconut palm sugar, etc.)
* 1/2 cup cream (fresh & raw is best. Coconut cream could also be used)
* 1 tablespoon butter (or coconut oil)
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Add dried corn to boiling water. Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
Simmer corn until tender, approximately 1 hour. Drain off excess water (save for soup or gravy).
I like to smash my corn just a bit, but not too much. You could use a stick blender to do this slightly.
Add sweetener, cream, butter, salt and pepper to the drained corn.
Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until thick & tender.